IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Private Lessons, English only
AlexandEr
сообщение Nov 12 2007, 02:38 PM
Сообщение #1

Секта: Роллеры

Задам вопросик в целях повышения образованности.
Love is a bird
She needs to fly
Помню, англичанка говорила, что, несмотря на одушевленность, в 3-ем лице для животных должно употребляться it. Это так?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whiteman
сообщение Nov 12 2007, 02:59 PM
Сообщение #2

Powder Team Zelenograd

This is citation from Madonnas song.
You are absolutely right about 'it' ralated to the animals, but in her song 'she' can be ralated to the Love - from the capital letter 'L' also to the Bird from the capital B. It can be a name of a person for example.
Nevertheless we spoke about rock-singing that by default denies all rules of grammar.

--------------------
RollerTown 4eVeR

+Quote Post
Sapphire
сообщение Nov 12 2007, 05:35 PM
Сообщение #3

Упоротый Боб

Из: Зеленоград

As far as I know, 'it' is used for animals in common case, but if you want you can use 'she/he' also. For example, this makes sense when you're talking about your pet or some animal that is close to you. Though it's not about our situation. )) But in the song that 'she' seems more like meaning Love, not the bird, so I guess we shouldn't be talking about the rule that Sasha mentioned.. smile.gif

Sorry for english, I know I could right in russian, but there is already english speech and I couldn't miss the chance of practice smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Whiteman
сообщение Nov 12 2007, 06:12 PM
Сообщение #4

Powder Team Zelenograd

This topic for written language practice we miss too much.

--------------------
RollerTown 4eVeR

+Quote Post
#E0
сообщение Dec 17 2007, 09:16 PM
Сообщение #5

Adidas-Salomon Fanrider

I present your viewing my first essay for my upper intermediate English classes at Freescale.
fell free to correct me in errors to discuss the grammar or to discuss a topic.

In my writing I will discuss the statement, that ”there are good reasons for children to carry mobile phones”. I think that it is absolutely clear to everybody that some good reasons exist in this point, so it's impossible to be disagree. But I will try to wider cover this topic as it can be done by using only 250 words.
I see the next pros.
First of all children can get some more freedom with mobile. For example in my soviet childhood there was a practice to let children to go for a walk only in bounds of their block. I think the main reason for such parents behavior that they was able to easily look out from the window and to scream loudly: ”Ma-a-a-asha-a-a-a are you all right??! It's time to have lunch!” or ”Pe-e-e-e-te-e-e-er! Come get some, blockhead! Your teacher called me and said you've failed the test again!” I.e. children can be easily controlled and reached for instructions. This can be replaced by call to little one's mobile so parents can let him to play with a children from neighboring blocks therefore give him a little more freedom and make him to fell himself a little more adult and important.
The second pro is that child can call to his mam or dad to share a joy if he had a good mark for a test in a school or to share a pain if somebody hit him unfair in his opinion. Today's adults usually are very busy at work and other businesses and additional way to communicate with a child in important questions is undoubtedly nice as it will bound the most closely related persons tighter.
The third pro is the same as for using mobile by any other. This is improving communication capabilities and hence training ones communicative skills. For example child can discuss any meaningful question with a friend if he is not his classmate or neighbor an so on.
This is the major pros from the many but I should move on contras.
The negatives consist mostly of so-called virtualisation of the communication. Instead of natural conversation with a child at home after classes or their other outdoor activities we can obtain a surrogate concluded in the short calls and text messages. I will avoid to decide bad it or acceptable as it can only future to show. I think it will be same that vere with letters, wired phones, telegraphs and others 'fruits of civilization'.
Undoubtedly dangerous things are non-proofed argument of possible cancer probability increasing, the danger of aggression of third parties with target of robbery as expansive phone can be a good wealth marker and can be the object of stealing by itself. It can be a reason of jealousy between children and additional expanses for the family.
By keeping in mind both of the arguments I believe that positives are much more significant then negatives which can be avoided by using of common sense.

Vladimir Belyaev.

P.S. Sorry for doubling the words allowed as it's the first experience in essay and I've checked their count only by finishing the task. Despite of not meeting the time requirements I think its good as while covered the interesting topic I've made a good practice.

+Quote Post
dizzy
сообщение Dec 17 2007, 09:56 PM
Сообщение #6

Язва на теле форума

Секта: Пешеходы

аааааааааааааааааааааааааа!!!!!!!!!!!!! Янки!!!!!!! Наступают!!!!!!!!!

ps. 2E0#
Check "Freescele"

--------------------
йа просто лапочка!!!

+Quote Post
Whiteman
сообщение Dec 17 2007, 10:17 PM
Сообщение #7

Powder Team Zelenograd

Sorry, common typo, key are like to next to each other © bash.org.ru

--------------------
RollerTown 4eVeR

+Quote Post
Sapphire
сообщение Dec 18 2007, 03:21 AM
Сообщение #8

Упоротый Боб

Oh, so many letters )) Starting right now... I'll post about mistakes and other things one by one as I read the text. smile.gif

First thing... "But I will try to wider cover this topic as it can be done by using only 250 words."
I think it's a wrong words sequence - "to wider cover ..." because there must be a verb after "to". )
Also I guess you should use "as much as" instead of just "as"... Too hard to explain for me, just my opinion ))) Maybe I'm wrong...
And I think there is no need to use "by" at the end of the sentence. So, in my view, it should be something like that:
"But I will try to cover this topic wider as much as it can be done using only 250 words."

"I see the next pros."
What is pros? Yandex.Lingvo doesn't know... 0_o
Btw, as far as I know (and as I understand your essay) you should use the word 'following' instead of 'next' because in English they're not equal, even though they have the same translation in russian.

"that they was able to easily look"
they were* smile.gif

Already the second time I meet "fell" instead of "feel". Is this a mistyping? )

"child can call to his mam or dad to share a joy if he had a good mark for a test in a school or to share a pain if somebody hit him unfair in his opinion. "
hahah ))) funny ))) I just imagine that )))))
By the way, check indefinite articles here... smile.gif

"Today's adults usually are very busy "
better sounds in the following sequence:
"Today's adults are usually very busy "
IMHO smile.gif

"same as for using mobile by any other" + "person" smile.gif or any appropriate noun because "other" is an adjective here.

"This is the major pros from the many but I should move on contras."
"These are ... " I guess wink.gif
Btw, didn't know that "many" can be used as noun... But Lingvo says it's ok. ) I'll remember...

"I will avoid to decide bad it or acceptable as it can only future to show."
Eeer... You definitely need to reconstruct this sentence ))) I think I know what you mean here, but it's completely russian words sequence and even some wrong grammar (meaning words sequence) at the end.

" I think it will be same that vere with letters, wired phones, telegraphs and others 'fruits of civilization'."
Vere? Maybe you meant "were"? Anyway, I think it's better to use Present Perfect tense here: "it will be same as it has been with letters, ...". Like that.
Also... "other 'fruits of civilization'" instead of "others ...".

expansive phone --> expensive.

"Despite" should be used without "of". You can choose between "Despite" and "Inspite of". smile.gif

Well... That's it smile.gif
Gosh! it's 3:16 already >_<
Good night all ))

Ah, one more thing! I wanted to say... In spite of (strange, lingvo says it must be written separately) the mistakes, the essay is really cool, I liked it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
#E0
сообщение Dec 18 2007, 10:38 AM
Сообщение #9

Adidas-Salomon Fanrider

I accepting most of corrections. Except:
Pro and Contra, and next pros are ok, next-следующий following-нижеследующий. In this case i think I can use 'next' we will check it when writing will be returned. Notes about word order I'm neglecting, will see are mentioned cases acceptable or not. I have been writing my essay by using my intuition. )

+Quote Post
Sapphire
сообщение Dec 18 2007, 12:54 PM
Сообщение #10

Упоротый Боб

Ok smile.gif)
Intuition is a great thing )))

+Quote Post
Whiteman
сообщение Jan 21 2008, 07:28 PM
Сообщение #11

Powder Team Zelenograd

If interested please check and discuss my new essay and it's statements.

In this writing I will try to make few predictions for the year 2058. As I interested in information technologies I will imagine a things in this area.
There will definitely be devices mixing functions of phones and computers in the one digital assistant. Moreover the will be so usual then nobody will imagine life without them. This device will be tinny and will project it's 3D-interface in a form of hologram and obtain a commands via voice and gestures in projected area. The chipper one appeared first in the old 20th will send visual information into the glasses as it will be more comfortable in overladen municipal transport. This devices will be a controllers of so called digital house, which will adopt house environment. I'll Continue my fantasies about digital house.
I want to mention that most probably word 'digital' will be eliminated from the language because every media will be digital by default and analog predecessor will be completely forgotten.
So in the house of the future air temperature, aroma, light color and brightness will be digitally controlled. Commands from digital assistant to home's mainframe will start appropriate musical playlist and will offer a choice of video programs or movies (of course holographic and 3D, including not only video and audio, but also smells and wind). This parameters will be automatically set by information from various sources like wear-integrated sensors monitoring their host vital functions and user voice analysis during the day. It will looks like house is alive and full of care about the owner anticipating his wishes and desires. It will not be a toy for reach people (that times stays many years before described moment) it will be usual.
Into contrast with people preferring digital things existing in real world will be peoples spending most of their lifetime in virtual reality interfacing with it via devices reading their mental activity and projecting visual, sound and other information by kind of sensor at the head area and maybe implanted into the brain directly. There will be strong antagonism between this two kind of people.
Also I will celebrate my 76th birthday in the year 2058. And future I've described will be pretty good to me. I will be on the one wave with my grandchild at the cutting age of the progress, enjoying my life, full of optimism and making prognoses for the year 2072.

--------------------
RollerTown 4eVeR

+Quote Post
Stef
сообщение Feb 4 2008, 07:18 PM
Сообщение #12

Матерый

Из: ЗЕлеГ)

wacko.gif blink.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

а я так не могу, I so can't smile.gif